NYCA - G'day!
In conjunction with the 2016 Performance Season directed by leading international choral conductor Dr David Hill (UK), the National Youth Choir of Australia is pleased to offer two days of workshops and seminars for secondary students: NYCA - G'day!
Both workshop days will be held at Medley Hall - a residential college of The University of Melbourne - on Monday 4 July (Singers) and Tuesday 5 July (Conductors) 2016.
Students can expect…
- To work with experienced and enthusiastic choral educators.
- To meet/sing with other talented young musicians from all around Melbourne.
- To learn new repertoire, plus voice & choral techniques.
- An opportunity to see the National Youth Choir of Australia in action.
- Information about studying music at a Tertiary level.
NYCA – G’day! is ideal for…
- High school choral leaders in years 10, 11 & 12.
- Students of classical voice, or people who may wish to study classical technique.
- Developing ensemble leadership and choral conducting skills.
- Those considering tertiary studies in music.
- Young people who are passionate about a career in the music industry.
NYCA – G’day! is an opportunity for talented young singers to meet and sing with the National Youth Choir of Australia. Students will participate in sessions facilitated by NYCA staff Noel Ancell & Nick Dinopoulos, and will also participate in a session with international choral expert Dr David Hill of The Bach Choir & The BBC Singers.
Conducting participants need not have directed an ensemble before, but should have a good understanding of beat patterns before the day.
On the day...
Meet at Medley Hall – 48 Drummond St. Carlton – no later than 9.30am. To get there, take Trams 86 or 96 from the City Centre, alight at the Melbourne Museum and walk to Medley Hall from there. Follow the signs to the registration desk, collect your music and name tag, and launch into the singing! Music teachers are also welcome to attend as observers. Finish time is 3.30pm.
PLACES FOR NYCA – G’DAY! ARE EXTREMELY LIMITED.