Fully cognizant of the history and traditions of NYCA’s 23 years, the current Board and Management Committee are determined to build on these to continue to maintain andstrengthen the national profile of the organisation. Singers, alumni, prospective members and contribution to governance, support and administration will be sought across the nation.
The aims for the future are:
- To achieve adequate funding to ensure that NYCA builds on its reputation of choral excellence that has been established over the past 19 years.
- To provide opportunities for Australia’s top singers aged 18 to 26 to work on advanced repertoire with internationally recognised conductors.
- To provide rehearsal and performance opportunities at an international professional level.
- To establish and maintain relationships with organisations such as The Australian National Choral Association (ANCA), The Royal School of Church Music Australia (RSCM) and the Australian Choral Conductors Education and Training (ACCET).
- To engage with and attract the support of voice teachers and music educators.
- To encourage composition of Australian music and provide performance opportunities for the composers.
- To broaden the experiences of all those involved by operating at national level and in all states.
- To develop workshops for school-age singers and honour choirs across all states to act as feeders to the annual national season.
- To foster public appreciation of choral music and increase the audience base.
- To increase the membership base of alumni and ‘Friends of NYCA’ to strengthen the organization.
- To develop Australian vocal talent and expertise to realise its potential and be recognised as a choir of international choral excellence.
- To present courses for choral conductors in parallel with NYCA seasons.
- To ensure that members appointed to the Management Committee and the Board of Directors have the required skills and experience across the following sectors: choral music, finance, marketing, business administration, business development, publicity and events management.